May 5, 2017

Five of My Favorite Things


It’s been a while since I’ve written a personal blog post and I thought I might try to get back into it again. The trouble I have is coming up with interesting topics to write about. 

Someone asked me the other day what a few of my favorite things were.

Botta-bing!

Blog Post Subject!

Five of Sheri’s Favorite Things


One: My family


You might think, “Well, duh! That goes without saying.” And you’d be right. Truly, I love spending time with the Cowboy and two Spawn. They keep me in stitches and on my toes.


Two: Zoe


This little dog, she's a Rat Terrier, has brought me more hours of joy than a weekend of Comedy Central. Her two favorite words: Kill and Squirrel. ‘Nuff said.


Three: A Beach


Something about the crash of waves, warm sand and sun, a beach chair and the smell of Coppertone brings a smile to my face and relaxation to my mood. I grew up across the street from the surf and after my family moved into town, I spent every free summer day back at the beach tanning my hide.


 Four: Horses

 


When combined with One and Three, number Four is a damn fine time! On my tenth Christmas, my parents surprised me with a horse. Although, it wasn’t a surprise, really. I’d asked for a horse EVERY DAY since I’d turned five-years-old. Other than my time in college, I’ve always had a horse since.


 Five: Writing


I started journaling when I was young, writing my feelings down about a boy I liked or how awful I thought my mother treated me. The usual young girl thoughts. Those early days of literary noodling led to a love of writing, which grew into what I have today. The escape I find in creating stories and characters is the same as what I find when reading a good book!


Question:
If you could pick a few of your favorite items to share, what would they be?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my romantic world - I look forward to your comment!