July 8, 2014

No. 1 Time Travel Bestseller in Canada!



I have a very special guest today (SQUEE!). 

She's a multi-published (200+ to date) author, a collegiate-level creative writing instructor, and currently has three time-travel books on the bestseller's list on Amazon. (SQUEE!!)

Please give a flaming welcome to Melodie Campbell.



I WANT MY OWN VIKING WARLORD

By Melodie Campbell

It happened when I was writing the third of the Land’s End trilogy, the one that starts with Rowena Through the Wall.  “Bawdy, Lusty and Fun! Total escape” said one reviewer.

So here I was, thinking this may be the last of the adventures for Rowena.  (Maybe.  We’ll see what readers say.)  Love that girl, Rowena.  Want her to have the time of her life.

And so I started thinkingwhat would be my final fantasy?  If I could choose any ripping, rollicking, fantasy, what would I want it to be?

And more important, who would be the man to share it with?

Keep in mind that I’m a pretty physical girl, myself.  Yes, I love books, but that is for the adventures they give me.  For me, adventure is not shopping in New York on a Saturday.  Nope – I’m more primitive than that.  I love fast cars and horses at a gallop, and travel to distant climes.

Thane, the lover from the first book, is an intellectual hunk.  At first I thought he was the ideal man.  But then when I wrote the second book, Rowena and the Dark Lord, it came to me clearly that Thane was too logical.  He wouldn’t fight if he knew he would lose.

Note to self:  Passion is not about logic.  In my fantasies, I want a man who will put passion before reason.

So this isn’t real life we’re talking about here.  Nope, if I am being honest, in my fantasy, it comes down to biology. 

I want the leader.  The man who stands tall and is respected by all other men. I want the man who will not back down when challenged, and will risk all for me.
I want a Viking Warlord.




Excerpt – ROWENA AND THE VIKING WARLORD

I awoke to a strange scratching noise.

Dawn light was streaming through the window. I was lying on my back on the bed. A fur throw covered me from mid-hip down.

Lars was sitting, still naked, on the wooden chair with his feet resting on the bed. He had something in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He looked up. "I am drawing you." He returned to his task.

Lars, the great Viking warrior, was an artist? It was the last thing I could have imagined.

"I want to savor this moment. Who knows what war will bring and whether I will even survive it," he said.

"Don't speak like that. I can't bear it."

His eyes whipped up. "You have a big heart, Rowena. By rights you should hate me for what I have done this night."

"I don't hate you. I understand you have done this to protect me."

He snorted. "That shows you know nothing of men."

I was bewildered. What did he mean?

"You said that thisnight in your bed would mean that I am claimed."

"Indeed it does." His hand worked furiously with the charcoal. "Which is what I want. What I want, Rowena, mark those words. I wanted you. I have for weeks. Do not make me out to be heroic."

ROWENA AND THE VIKING WARLORD  - currently the No. 1 Time Travel bestseller in Canada!



Billed as Canada’s “Queen of Comedy" by the Toronto Sun (Jan. 5, 2014), Melodie Campbell achieved a personal best when Library Digest compared her to Janet Evanovich.  Winner of nine awards, including the 2014 Derringer (US) and the 2014 Arthur Ellis (Canada) for The Goddaughter’s Revenge (Orca Books), Melodie has over 200 publications, including 100 comedy credits, 40 short stories, and seven novels.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me, Sheri! As before, it's a delight to be on this beautiful site - I love your stunning banner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my special guest! I love having you visit.

      Delete
  2. I don't have enough words to express how much I love this series. These books literally have it all. Rowena is an awesome character--and so are all the sexy hunks she meets.

    I want book 4!!! I want book 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laff! Brenda, you are wonderful. And I am thinking of a spin-off series too. Thanks for giving me that nudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So....book 4 is a possibility, lol? A spin-off series would be so wicked. All the men R loved and lost could get their HEA--oh man, the possibilities are endless, lolol.

      Delete

Welcome to my romantic world - I look forward to your comment!