August 2, 2013

A Supernatural Friday Flames!




Looking forward to everyone's HOT scenes today. Go ahead, scorch my screen. I dare you! (Don't forget to leave your buy links)

I'm a supernatural kind of gal. I write about mythological creatures and I've created a unique world. My flaming guest also writes with the flare of the supernatural.


Please welcome Cree Walker!




Maple Lane Manor, Home for Retired Supernaturals: 5 Star Review from the Paranormal Romance Guild


2013 Finalist for the UPAuthors Fiction Challenge


Blurb:
A lighthearted Paranormal Romantic Comedy…


Maple has spent the last decade, switching from one college major to another. She’s so scared to make a mistake in life, that she’s having a little trouble getting it started. Never quite knowing her purpose, the decision is suddenly made for her when her vampire, grandmother mysteriously passes away and leaves Maple Lane Manor, and it’s four elderly supernatural residents in her care.

Upon arriving home for the first time in ten years, Maple is stunned to see that the Manor isn’t the pristine, stoic, hill top wonder, it once was. She soon finds out that the condition of the house isn’t the worst of her problems. Money issues caused by a decade of Maple’s lengthy, “college experience” have put them deep in debt and now it’s up to Maple to save her namesake and the only family she’s ever known, from being taken away.

To help her Derek Holt, the dashing and mysterious handyman, a drunk witch, a grumpy werewolf, a semi-lucid wizard, a former starlet/part vampire and a little parrot named, Batman, will do everything in their power to support Maple in her impossible battle to save the Manor from debt, decay and her high school arch nemesis, over zealous real-estate agent, Stacy Monrow.

Will Maple be able to save her home and her family or is the Manor doomed to die along side its longtime caretaker, Nancy Lane?

* * * * *

Excerpt:
Derek had gone straight to his room, so I didn’t expect to see him again, but he was standing in his doorway as I tried sneaking passed.

“Is everyone tucked in?”

I clutched my chest with one hand and covered a scream with the other.

He gave me one of his crooked grins and gently pulled me into his room, closing the door quietly behind me. “You didn’t think I was going to let you off that easy, did you?”

“I was hoping.”

He cocked his head. “Were you, now?”

Sort of. I nodded emphatically.

He shook his head slowly as he closed the distance between us. “I’d have to be a dead man to allow you to get out of that dress without at least offering my assistance.” He leaned down and kissed me lightly.

“You’re gonna be a dead man if Walter finds out,” I said.

He grinned and slid a hand up my bare back beneath the silver chains. “I’m just helping you out.”
Of the dress, or other things?
“I have to go take a shower,” I said breathlessly.

“It’s the dry season, and your shower today must have taken close to an hour.” He leaned in again, and I felt him grin against my throat before he kissed me just above my collarbone.

He was an incubus. Of course he’d know about my special alone time in the shower. And as of late, that time was becoming embarrassingly frequent.

“I’m afraid if I don’t help you out tonight, we’ll run out of water by tomorrow.”

“Just to be clear, you’re not talking about the dress anymore, are you?”

“That’s part of it, yeah.”

“Are you sure? Maybe you just need a cookie or something.”

In response he put his forehead against mine and gripped my ass, pressing me against the door with his body. “I don’t think that’s going to cover it anymore.” His voice came out all husky and wanting, the way I’d always imagined it.

“I don’t think a shower’s going to do me much good, either.”


He chuckled. “I was hoping you’d say that.”


* * * * *

Buy Links:

Amazon UK

Kobobooks

Allromanceebooks Not Up Yet
Goodreads

Smashwords

Indigo


Barnes & Noble Not Up Yet

Author Links:
creewalker on facebook.com 

12 comments:

  1. Love the line: "Maybe you just need a cookie or something." Awesome! Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I like what came AFTER that line! Thanks for coming by, Jenn!

      Delete
  2. sounds really good. another for my TBR list. All the best on its release

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to my girl crush on Cree. I picked up one of her books as a freebie and have been hooked ever since!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Definitely on my TBR pile, too. I liked the cookie line as well!

    I've got a little bit of heat for Friday...from my first book, "Dream Student":

    Sara’s holding Brian’s hand, they’re right outside her room. Sara’s just aware enough to realize this is as much a memory as it is a dream. The night is replaying itself for her, and it’s better than any plain old dream could ever be.

    She’s holding his hand and turning the doorknob. She hears his voice, asking hesitantly, “Are you sure?” She doesn’t answer with words; she simply opens the door, leads him inside, and locks it behind them.

    Fast forward: she’s on the bed, arms wrapped around him, kissing him and then breaking into giggles because she can still taste the chocolate from their dessert. She can feel herself melting into his arms when he caresses just the right spot on the back of her neck.

    Skip ahead again: she’s leading him along, encouraging him every step of the way. Unbuttoning her sweater, pulling off her top, and watching his eyes go wide when she asks him to take off her bra.

    And then a little later, there’s her voice, tinged with surprise: “Wow. I’ve never been anybody’s first time before.” She remembers thinking: This is how I wanted my first time to be, slow and romantic and exploring each other, really and truly making love.

    The moment of truth: she lies back, feels his weight on top of her. Where he’s been tentative and careful and happy to let her take the lead so far, she feels the exact instant that he stops thinking and worrying, the precise moment that he finds that strong, confident place inside himself and just loses himself in the moment.

    And at the end the feelings are all she has: his body and hers, and the sounds she makes: first gasps and then low moans, and finally a shout of pleasure.

    Afterwards, quiet time, Sara drifts off to sleep, holding Brian close and feeling his heart beating, feeling it come into rhythm with hers.

    She takes the pieces of memory and plays them over and over again; no room for any other dreams - or nightmares. For one night, at least, everything’s right with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right, James! Where the heck is your buy link?? Excellent snippet and we gotta read more!

      Delete
    2. Sorry 'bout that! Here it is...

      http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Student-Dreams-book-ebook/dp/B00BW3FPF4/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375525107&sr=1-1

      Delete
  4. I'd like to thank everyone who left a comment today. I really hope you all enjoy the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH, Cree, your excerpt was excellent. The sexual tension by the end was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's mine from my newly released novel, Prophecy's Child.

    Just before his lips claimed hers, Katherine found her voice. Pushing against Kal's rock-hard pecs, she leaned back. “I…I…we shouldn’t do this.” As far as denials went, this one was weaker than a newborn foal’s legs.

    “Why?” His minty breath fanned across her mouth and jaw.

    “Because, it isn’t right.” Liar!

    He frowned. “Never say what’s between us isn’t right, or isn’t beautiful. Isn’t perfect.” His lips crashed into hers with a kiss full of hunger, desperation and ownership.

    Desire roared to life, wiping away her arguments. Her arms twined around his neck, and she molded her body to his hard, muscled frame. His tongue swept inside, strong, determined.

    Katherine’s hips rolled against his. The feel of his erection sent more moisture to her core. She was completely at his mercy.

    He dragged his mouth from hers and kissed her jaw, the side of her neck. She felt the tips of his fangs scraping up and down the column of her throat. Unmatched lust seized her. She clawed at his leather jacket, needing to strip him bare so she could touch and taste him.

    “Don’t stop,” she whispered.

    “Never.”

    He lifted her in his arms and stormed out of the kitchen into his bedroom. He laid her on the bed then shrugged out of his jacket and pulled his shirt off. His hair stuck up wildly around his head. Strands curled around his face.

    Sweet Lord. He was the handsomest, sexiest man alive. The muscles of his shoulders, chest and arms flexed as he undid the snap of his jeans.

    Before he shoved them down his legs, he pulled something from his pocket. “I have one condom left. Tomorrow night, I’m buying a case.” He dropped the condom on the bed and stripped off his jeans and boxers. His erection sprang free.

    She stared at his hard length, and her sex clenched.

    “Like what ya see?” he asked in a rough voice.

    “Yes.” No sense lying, because she was sure the expression on her face showed her approval. Katherine scooted to the end of the bed. An overwhelming urge to taste him made her bold.

    Looking up at him, she clasped his hard hips and pulled him closer.

    His eyes turned black and wild.
    “Katherine…what…”

    “I want to taste you.”

    “Oh God.” He closed his eyes briefly, and his fangs punched down further. The look he shot her made her blood boil. “As much as I want that, I don’t think I can handle it right now. I’m juiced as is.”

    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Prophecys-Child-Prophecy-Series-ebook/dp/B00E0R4230/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great excerpts. I like the bit about the cookie as well. Here is mine from The Temptation of Lady Serena, which is rolling out on pre-order. It's not a hot as the others, but I hope you'll like it anyway.

    His hands skated over her shoulders to her buttocks. Serena swallowed and a tremor slid through her. Her voice was low and sultry. “Do you have some time?”

    Robert smiled and swooped to kiss her. “I thought you’d never ask.”

    “We can’t be long. I’m on my way to see about the flowers.”

    He steadily walked her back toward a door to an unused parlor, reached around her, and opened it. “We won’t need much time. I missed you this morning.”

    Serena was coming to enjoy that aspect of Robert quite a bit. “Did you? You should have awoken earlier.”

    “After last night, I’m surprised you didn’t sleep until noon. When we’re married, don’t expect to escape me in the morning.”

    “I never want to escape you.”

    Robert captured her lips. His tongue caressed hers and her breasts swelled and ached. Frissons of delight stroked her. She knew she was wet and ready for him. Serena couldn’t understand how he so expertly managed to ravage her mouth and steal most of her senses while at the same time whisking her into the room so smoothly. It must be one of the benefits of marrying a rake.

    He lifted her and held her against the wall. “Put your legs around me.”

    The next sounds out of her mouth were breathy moans and a cry as he took her hard against the wall. He’d never lusted after a woman like he did her.

    Every day—no, every minute—he wanted to be with her, inside her, listening to her sweet sighs and moans and the low keening sound when she came for him.

    Robert chuckled deeply as she sunk against him, complaining once more about her wobbly legs. He lifted her off him and pulled out his handkerchief to clean them up before sitting in a chair and holding her tightly.

    He gazed at her with pride and possession and love. A love he never thought he’d experience. So all encompassing.

    Buy link:
    http://ekensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/23407

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robert, you playful parlor dog! I'm sure Serena loved every moment of it - as much we've enjoyed reading this!! SQUEE on the pre-order! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my romantic world - I look forward to your comment!