July 12, 2013

Dreaming of Friday Flames




I'm happy to introduce you to a paranormal author who writes with romantic elements. He's a fellow Paranormal Romance Guild member and all-around great guy.

After you read this contribution, please feel free to comment with your own! Don't forget buy links so we can all rush out and buy your book!

Please welcome James DiBenedetto to The Flames!


Excerpt (from “Dream Family”):

I’m standing completely still and he reaches down, puts his hands on my waist, takes hold of my panties.  He stays like that for a moment, watching me for a reaction.  I smile, and I say just one word: “Please.”  His hands are welcome there – he can touch me anyplace, anytime.  He pulls my panties down, and they fall around my ankles.  I step out of them, and I’m naked.  Completely exposed.  Exactly the way I want - need - to be.

I do the same for him.  I do it so slowly, stretching it out, the same way I always linger over unwrapping the last present under the Christmas tree.  First his shirt, one button at a time, pausing after each one, kissing every inch of his chest as it’s uncovered.  Then his pants; I carefully, deliberately unbuckle his belt, unbutton them at the waist, and with a hand that’s not trembling at all, I pull down the zipper.  He lets the pants fall down, and I turn my attention to his boxers.  I tug them down, a bit at a time, until, finally, all is revealed.
Now he’s naked and exposed, and he takes one step back.  We stand there, maybe two feet apart, and for – I don’t know how long – we just look at each other, up and down, as though it’s the first time we’ve ever seen each other this way.

Everything about him is beautiful, from those browny-brown eyes, to his smiling mouth and strong chin, to those wonderful new muscles he’s been working on, to – to everything, all the way down.  I could look at him like this forever. 

I go back up, taking all the time in the world, inch by inch, drinking in every detail, until I’m staring into his eyes, lost in them.  No, not lost.  I see myself reflected in them.  And in that reflection, I see all the beauty he sees in me.  He’s always seen that, and I know he always will.

We reach out to each other, and a moment later we’re on the bed, our hands all over each other – but, again, moving slowly, gently, teasingly.  We’re exploring every inch of each other.  Just like the way he undressed me, this is how it was that first night - except his hands are sure instead of tentative, and I know the body I’m exploring every bit as well as my own.

Back then, that first time, and in the first few months afterwards, we were still learning each other.  I had to watch his eyes to know when he was losing himself, when conscious thought disappeared and unconscious desire was all that remained.  But now I can sense it as easily as I can feel it in myself.  I can take him to the very edge of that moment, and then bring him back.  A hand caressing his thigh, a kiss on his chin, a whisper in his ear; I know exactly how to touch him.

And – God, the way his hands, his lips, feel on my skin! – he knows my body just as well.  He can – he is! - doing the same to me.

We take each other back and forth, over and over, dancing right up to that point and pulling back, until every nerve in both our bodies is screaming.  I don’t know how long we go on like that, before we look into each other’s eyes and we both know the moment has arrived.

He rolls onto his back, and I’m on top of him.  He doesn’t flinch at my weight pressing down on him; neither of us have any attention or thought to spare as we go over the edge together. 

After that there’s only sensation, only pleasure, his and mine, and a shout from my throat – no, from the very core of me - that rattles the windows and echoes through the bedroom as we completely lose ourselves in each other…

*****

Bio:

J.J. (James) DiBenedetto was born in Yonkers, New York. He attended Case Western Reserve University, where as his classmates can attest, he was a complete nerd. Very little has changed since then.
He currently lives in Arlington, Virginia with his beautiful wife and their cat (who has thoroughly trained them both). When he's not writing, James works in the direct marketing field, enjoys the opera, photography and the New York Giants, among other interests.
The "Dreams" series is James' first published work.

Links:

Individual Book Links:
(no link for book #5 yet, or for the audiobook of book #1)
(that’s for the 10 minute preview of the audiobook on my website)

Book Blurbs:

Dream Student
What would you do if you could see other people’s dreams?  If you could watch their hidden fantasies and uncover their deepest, darkest secrets…without them ever knowing?
Sara Barnes is about to find out.  She thought that all she had to worry about was final exams, Christmas shopping and deciding whether she likes the cute freshman in the next dorm who’s got a crush on her.
But when she starts seeing dreams that aren’t hers, she learns more than she ever wanted to know about her friends, her classmates…and a strange, terrifying man whose dreams could get Sara killed.
“Dream Student” is the thrilling first installment of the Dreams series.

***
Dream Doctor
“I didn’t expect to be woken up by someone I don’t know dreaming about killing somebody.  I thought I was done with that once and for all…”
But Sara’s not done with it.  As if adjusting to life as a newlywed and starting medical school weren’t difficult enough, she’s started seeing the dreams of everyone around her, again.  Before everything is said and done, those dreams might destroy Sara’s hopes of becoming a doctor, wreck her marriage and even end her life…
“Dream Doctor” is the thrilling second novel in the Dreams series.

***
Dream Child
"I would give anything to take this away from her.  I would gladly go back to having the nightmares myself – the very worst ones, the ones that had me waking up screaming in a pool of my own vomit – rather than see Lizzie go through this..." 
As a resident at Children's Hospital, Sara can handle ninety hour workweeks, fighting to save her young patients from deadly childhood diseases.  But she's about to be faced with a challenge that all her training and experience haven't prepared her for: her four-year-old daughter has inherited her ability to see other people's dreams...
"Dream Child" is the suspenseful third novel in the "Dreams" series.

***
Dream Family
"Why is this so hard for me?  Why am I having so much trouble?  Why do I feel so helpless, so hopeless?  What the hell is wrong with me?"
After tangling with murders and mobsters, not to mention medical school and three years of residency, Sara thought she could handle anything.  And then the police show up without warning at her new office and arrest her for a crime she can't possibly have committed.  Sara's confidence, and her grip on reality, is shattered during one terrifying night in jail.
Now, the very dreams that have endangered her life and driven her to the edge of madness may be the only thing that can help Sara find herself again...
"Dream Family" is the powerful fourth novel in the "Dreams" series.

***
Waking Dream
“Oh, God!   We can hurt each other.  Whatever we do to each other in the dream, we’ll do it to ourselves for real…”

When her own dreams are visited by a mysterious woman in a red dress, Sara realizes she has something she never expected: a counterpart, someone outside her family who shares her talent to see other people’s dreams.

When the woman in red keeps showing up in other dreams as well, leaving ruined lives in her wake, Sara knows she has something she never imagined: a nemesis.

Now, Sara must track the woman in red down in the waking world, before she’s forced to fight for her life in her dreams…


“Waking Dream” is the exciting fifth novel in the “Dreams” series.

25 comments:

  1. Sheri, thank you SO much for featuring me! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, slow undressing is always yummy, James. I hope you enjoy my little bit of hotness also.

    ***********

    “You have such fire in you. Let it out, see what it feels like.”

    A surge of electricity moved from her centre up through her body. She’d felt this in the past, when practising magic, but this time was different.

    There was a wildness about this energy, a tinge of wickedness, a feeling of wanton, unruly lust, like nothing she’d felt before. Heat built between her legs, and she moaned involuntarily. Her pussy clenched, and suddenly she could smell Adam, then Tristan and their male scents filling her nostrils.

    She had a flash to the last time they were all together in bed, and her knees went weak with desire. A picture played in her mind of them all naked, in a heap on the floor. Saliva formed, as she saw herself closing her mouth around Adam’s cock, licking it up and down, then biting Tristan on his thigh, raining kisses all over both of them.

    “That’s it, let it burn,” Lucas whispered.

    Dimly, she was aware that Adam now stood next to her.

    “Let go of her,” he growled, reaching out to grab Lucas.

    “Uh-uh.” Lucas held up a hand and Star felt a push of power. Adam stumbled back.

    *************

    A taste of Awaken the Fire is now available for your reading pleasure. A little phone sex, anyone? Enjoy the entire first chapter of this exciting, fun, and totally hot book, available for pre-order now. http://on.fb.me/135c19u


    Naomi Bellina
    Adventurous erotic romance
    http://www.naomibellina.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/NaomiBellinaAuthor
    https://twitter.com/TheGoddessNaomi


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi is writing HOT again! WOW! Thank you for heating up the morning.

      Delete
    2. Wow! That's a heck of a wake-up call1

      Delete
  3. Fascinating excerpt.

    Here is an excerpt from Black Dorn.

    He rose and held out his hand. When Branwyn stood, he swept her into his arms and carried her to his bed. "Branwyn, I choose you as my wife, not my duna, my wife." Branwyn’s eyes widened as her hand clasped to her mouth. "You were bought for another, but that can be dealt with. I am the gon-dra."
    "Do you know by whom I was purchased?"
    "It is of little matter. Every castle or manor house in this part of the land is loyal to Black Dorn." He placed his sword and knife on a table then stood next to his bed. "There is one thing I must ask. Long ago, one was chosen for me—the daughter of a high-ranking noble—who rejected me. I was inexperienced. I vowed I would choose my mate. I have chosen you. Do you…will you accept me?"
    Branwyn knelt on the bed before him and looked into his eyes. "Malack, I choose you with all my body and all my love." She wrapped her arms around his neck then pressed her lips on his, sealing her promise. Stepping off the bed, she untied the ribbons that held her hair in place, letting her red-brown tresses fall far below her shoulders. There was no fumbling of her fingers as she loosened the ties to her gown and shifts. They fell to the floor.
    She spoke as she undressed Malack. "When I first arrived, Duna Trea tried to explain my title. She said I would become a duna after I was taken. I did not understand. In the land I come from, matters between a man and woman are not discussed." She lay back on the bed. "It is much different here in Black Dorn. I now understand what taken means. It is when a man lays with a woman and they are joined as one."
    She tried to complete what she wanted to say, but Malack kissed her chest and moved toward an awaiting nipple. "I do not understand what you meant when you said that you could not take what is his—meaning my master’s."
    Malack stopped two kisses away from her nipple. "When I place my manhood in you, the first time, there will be blood. It will prove you have not been bedded by another."
    "Will I bleed because…because—I fear…I fear…" Tears dribbled down her cheeks. "I want to be taken by you, but I fear you. My head whirls and not from the wine of Black Dorn."
    Malack pushed up some pillows, rested on them and wrapped Branwyn in his arms. "Why do you fear me?" His breath was hot across her neck.
    "I saw you…bedding Sasha. I heard her screams."
    "Sasha’s a dune. You are not. You could never be a duna. I sense a spirit inside you. You have hidden it, but it is there." While he spoke, he caressed her arms.
    "I have felt lost and afraid since coming to Black Dorn. The land and its ways are much different from my home. Only now do I begin to feel as if my feet are planted firmly on ground once again.
    Malack chuckled. "Then is it I who should be afraid? When your fiery spirit awakens again."

    Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/Black-submission-punishment-bondage-ebook/dp/B005XQ93RC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For anyone who hasn't read your book, Black Dorn, get ready for some skin-tingling excitement. Awesome read, great story. Thank you so much for sharing your excerpt today!

      Delete
    2. I'll definitely check that out!

      Delete
  4. Great excerpts. Here is mine from The Secret Life of Miss Anna Marsh. Book #2 in The Marriage Game.

    Kneeling, Anna unbuttoned the fall of his buckskin breeches. His fully erect shaft sprung up to greet her. She took it lightly in her hands and lowered her mouth over it.

    “Oh God, Anna,” he moaned. His fingers winnowed through her hair, loosening the pins in her tresses.

    He tasted salty and musky. She whirled her tongue and sucked. Other than his hands in her hair, he was still. She lifted her head. “Am I doing this right? I read the instructions.”

    Rutherford groaned. “You’re doing it perfectly.”

    She bent back down to him.

    After a few moments, he jerked. “Wait—what instructions?”

    Anna gazed up at him. “I found a book. I think it was Harry’s.”

    “Where?” Sebastian asked, as if in anguish. “Where did you find it?”
    Anna grinned. “At Marsh House, in the library. I wanted to do something for you.” She bent her head again.

    The book. He’d been there when Harry had bought it. God, there’d be no stopping her now. “Come.” Rutherford helped her up and kissed her gently.

    She tugged on his shirt and cravat.

    Capturing her hands, he said, “Slowly. This is not an act to be rushed.”

    The Secret Life of Miss Anna Marsh is on pre-order at.
    Amazon US ~ Amazon Canada ~ Amazon France ~ Amazon Germany ~ Amazon UK ~ Barns & Nobel ~ Kensington * iTunes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man! I just love the ending to your excerpt!! SQUEE!

      Delete
    2. Another slow one. Instructions? I'm intrigued.

      Delete
  5. Hot stuff today!

    This is from The Cowboy's Baby, coming in September.

    Cat backed up a step and fought the urge to cover herself with her hands. Instead she lifted her chin and met his eyes with her own undisguised desire. With a saucy glance, she turned and went into the bathroom. After adjusting the water, she stepped under the warm spray.
    Tanner followed her. He placed a condom beside her shampoo.
    He placed his hands on either side of her head, pinning her against the wall. Then he bent his head, his lips claiming hers. Their tongues danced, mated. Previewed what was to come.
    Cat reached for him, stroked until he moaned in her mouth.
    He took a hand from beside her head and trailed it across her collarbone, down her arm and hand. Holding it, he lifted it between them, his grip fierce. Releasing her hand, he took a breast in his palm, kneading gently. Cat pressed forward, eager for his touch. He moved his mouth to her right nipple, tugging it into his mouth. She cried out and braced her hands on his shoulders. The sensation of the hot water running over her body, with Tanner’s hotter mouth on her, made Cat’s stomach clench.
    Regaining her balance, Cat reached for her bottle of lemon-scented body wash. With unsteady hands, she opened it and poured a generous amount in her hands. Then, with a gentle shove, she pushed him far enough away that she could reach between his legs with the gel. His eyes hooded. She stroked him, the gel making him hard as a hammer, primed for her. He pushed a finger inside her, the feeling made her wet core contract.
    When he placed a second finger inside her, Cat nipped him on the chest. He responded by spreading his fingers, stretching her to an almost unbearable point. She writhed under his hand and slid her fingers over her clit. Her breathing escalated to pants. Not much more and she would be over the edge.
    One last push inside of his big fingers inside her and she broke. Crying his name, she clutched his shoulders as waves of pleasure splashed over her. Her legs shook, and if Tanner hadn’t been there to hold her up, she would have fallen. Finally spent, she sagged against the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great excerpt, Ladies and Gents! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect to see your work on the Flames very soon, Melissa! Grins!

      Delete
  7. From my unusual Victorian polyamorous romance with a touch of reader interactive art-history -- Loving Leonardo.

    Setting the stage: Nicolas, Ellie and Luca discuss the artist's methods as they pore over Leonardo da Vinci's book looking for clues to love messages the artist left for his lover Salai. They realize some of Leonardo's techniques work well outside the realm of art, namely blindfolds to remove one sense to enhance the rest. Deprived of sight, they give over to their other senses.

    ****
    I could see why Leonardo blindfolded himself. Submerged in touch and sound, scent and taste, I understood why he sought this heightened sensitivity. Deprived of sight, it was as if I’d been handed a key to unlock my other senses. The dichotomy of experiencing Luca’s firm well-muscled body and Ellie’s soft slender curves in complete sightlessness thrilled me beyond comprehension. Their breathy sighs and gasps filled my ears. Even the small hairs on my skin were as whiskers on a cat with which to feel their bodies in the stygian night. I maneuvered on and around my lovers. The lavender ghost of their soap mingled with their heady musk of desire, and I tasted the salt and clean sweat of exertion upon their skin. All of it: sound, taste, touch, and scent painted a picture in my imagination. They were two exquisite dreams made flesh, and I swear I saw the glow of their souls through my blind eyes. We praised one another’s perfection with an eye for detail that da Vinci himself would have surely applauded.
    ****

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's my excerpt... It is a perfect example of how children can ruin the steamy moment! This is from Three's a Crowd:

    Listening to Alex’s rant was difficult because I couldn’t do anything to fix things. Chloe had been my friend for years. She was the one who shared her own issues with Alex after their break up and offered a shoulder to lean on during my own divorce. Yet I could understand Alex’s anger. I hated seeing him upset. Curling into the crook of Alex’s arm, I rested my head on his shoulder as he continued to seethe about Chloe and her choices. Running my hand over his chest, I tried to turn his attention to a more pleasant thought.

    Lightly caressing Alex’s nipples, a moan escaped his lips. “Mmm. I’m done thinking about Chloe.” He turned me over on my back and nibbled on my bottom lip then pulled my hands over my head and held them tightly with his one hand as his other hand caressed my breasts. Lifting my hips up to touch his body, Alex pushed my legs apart with his knee. My pussy was wet and rubbed against his leg, eliciting a groan from my mouth.

    “Mommy…mommy,” a voice called out from the hallway causing us to jump apart as if we were on fire. Hearing Scotty’s voice, I quickly grabbed my robe and opened the bedroom door. “My head hurts.”

    Buy Link:http://www.amazon.com/Threes-a-Crowd-ebook/dp/B00CTCDHVQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1373662052&sr=1-5&keywords=three%27s+a+crowd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wrote that scene GREAT, Melissa! LOL Darn those kids...

      Delete
    2. Yep, they can cool things down fast!

      Delete
  9. I love all the excerpts I've seen here today - very hot stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my romantic world - I look forward to your comment!