May 23, 2014

Dream Home with Friday Flames!




Friday Flames welcomes back James DiBenedetto!

J.J. (James) DiBenedetto was born in Yonkers, New York. He attended Case Western Reserve University, where as his classmates can attest, he was a complete nerd. Very little has changed since then.

He currently lives in Arlington, Virginia with his beautiful wife and their cat (who has thoroughly trained them both). When he's not writing, James works in the direct marketing field, enjoys the opera, photography and the New York Giants, among other interests.

The "Dreams" series is James' first published work..

About the Dream Series
What if you could see everyone else’s dreams?  That’s the question Sara has to wrestle with in the Dream Series.  We first meet her as a shy, bookish college student who doesn’t think there’s anything extraordinary about herself.  And then the dreams start…

Over the course of the series, Sara learns to live with these supernatural dreams and all the trouble they plunge her into.  At the same time, she grows from a student to a practicing doctor; and from a single girl to a wife and mother.  But every time she thinks she’s got everything figured out, life – and her extraordinary dreams – teach her that she’s always got more to learn…


Excerpt:

Brian sits down on the bed – I didn’t even notice him letting go of my hand and getting up.  But he’s back now, and he’s – gently, but very insistently – pushing me down.  I let him, and now I’m lying down, head on my pillow again, and he’s leaning down towards me.  “Sara, everything is fine.  Everyone is safe.  You’re safe.”  He comes closer, until his lips are just an inch or two from mine, and then he kisses me.  At first it’s gentle, our lips barely brushing together, but then he sinks down atop me, his body covering mine, and everything disappears except his touch.

Sometime later, he pulls back, just a few inches, and I feel his hand on my belly, then lower, until it’s inside my pajama bottoms – inside my panties.  I gasp, and with his other hand, he puts a finger to my lips.  “You need – you need this.  Matty’s in his room, he’s asleep.  The door is locked, and we have twenty minutes before the alarm goes off. Let me help you…”

He keeps that finger pressed to my lips, keeps his eyes locked on mine, not wavering, not even blinking, as his other hand does its work.  My breath becomes shorter, my heart races – I thought I needed to relax, but Brian is right.  He’s always right.  He’s – oh, God! 

My arms are wrapped tightly around him, hanging on to him for dear life.  It’s taking all my willpower not to cry out, to shout my head off.  If I did – oh! Oh! – if I let it out now, I’d shatter every window in the house.  He’s still – his touch is like – it’s – I can’t stand it!  I – I – I can’t keep quiet, I can’t – I need…

…I can’t move.  I – that was – I don’t even know how to describe it.  I’m drained, completely drained.  I can barely turn my head to look at the clock.  5:59 AM.  The last thing he said to me, the last thing I heard before I lost control and tried to scream the house down, was that we had twenty minutes. 
That makes the last nineteen minutes the most intense nineteen minutes I’ve experienced in a long time.  I smile weakly up at Brian.  He smiles back, even though I was the one who got all the attention, and all the benefits.  The only things he has to show for it are bite marks on his left hand, from keeping me quiet; and scratches on his sides, from where I was hanging on so tightly to him, my nails – short as they are - clawing into him.  And he obviously doesn’t care in the slightest.  

“Feel better?”

*****

Social Media Links:

Purchase Links:

Dream Home

Dream Student (Book 1)

Dream Doctor (Book 2)

Dream Child (Book 3)

Dream Family (Book 4)

Waking Dream (Book 5)

Dream Reunion (Book 6)

A Box of Dreams (Books 1-5 in one Box Set)





1 comment:

Welcome to my romantic world - I look forward to your comment!